Saturday, October 11, 2003

A few thoughts on "Kill Bill"




Quentin Tarantino's 4th film, Kill Bill is probably the best action film that I have ever seen. It is brilliantly stylized, and a kick-ass good time. However what brings it to another level, what makes it rise above, transcend the genre that QT is paying homage to, is QT himself. He somehow brings every scene to life with astounding vision, his love for the genre evident throughout the film. These type of genre pics in the past most surely never had a director this alive.

Uma Thurman gives an Oscar-worthy performance.

I praise the overall construction of the screenplay which also deserves a nomination in my opinion.

This film also happens to contain one of the most breathtakingly spectacular action sequences ever filmed.

However, a lot of the first act didn't work for me, and was a bit of a waste for the talent involved.

Overall, though, I absolutely loved this film.

No comments: